CMSC 35100 - Natural Language Processing
INFORMATION ABOUT CMSC 35100: Natural Language Processing
| Section || Days || Time (P.M.) || Classroom
| 01 || Tuesdays and Thursdays|| 12:00-1:20|| Ryerson 276
- Shows the date and title for each session and provides links to
the reading and homework assignments for each week.
- The course textbook is Speech and Language Processing: An Introduction to Natural Language Processing, Computational Linguistics, and Speech Recognition by Daniel Jurafsky and James Martin.
This book is available in the Seminary Co-op bookstore or from several
- Prerequisites: CMSC 250/350 and CMSC 174 recommended.
- The course will assume some background in search and
development and analysis of algorithms. However, accommodations
will be made for students with different backgrounds.
- Course Description
- A description of course goals, instructional staff and their
office hours, classroom utilization, required and recommended
materials, and grading procedures for the course.
Note that this course has an emphasis on hand-on laboratory work.
- Course Mailing List
The course email address is: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We encourage announcements and discussion about the classes on the mailing list.
- Reading List
- Detailed information about the reading assignments for each week.
- Homework Assignments
- Specific homework assignments and information about the class
project can be found here. Helpful hints provided by the TA in
response to common questions will also appear here from time to time,
so it is worth checking back occassionally.
- Suggested project topics and materials will be available here.