Office hours tomorrow (11/1) will be 2-3. For the remainder of the class they will be Monday 2-3.
HW3 SQL on PSQL
HW3 is posted at https://classes.cs.uchicago.edu/archive/2015/fall/30235-1/psqlHW.pdf
Pairs of students will both give a single 12-15 minute presentation on a research paper. Pay attention to dates below. You can use slides or the blackboard. Please present a summary of the paper, the interesting “take-away” of the paper (or lessons learned), and any possible concerns you may have.
The assignments are:
- Mitsue Iwata - Bridgit Donnelly (Replicated Data Consistency Explained Through Baseball (11-17))
- J.P. Heisel - Natnaell Mammo (A comparison of approaches to large-scale data analysis (11-19))
- Lingwei Cheng - Kyle Magida (Hive: a warehousing solution over a map-reduce framework (11-24))
- Santiago Larrain - Trey Sands (OLTP Through the Looking Glass and What We Found There (12-1))
- Xiaorui Tang - Christine Cook (Resilient Distributed Datasets: A Fault-Tolerant Abstraction for In-Memory Cluster Computing (12-3))