Geometric Complexity Theory A
Instructor: Ketan Mulmuley
Timings: Thu 4-5.30pm Ry 276
Gives an introduction to an approach to P v/s NP and related lower bound
problems through Representation theory and Algebraic Geometry. The
course begins with a quick review of Representation theory and Geometric
Invariant Theory. After this it gives an overview of GCT. In the next
course GCT in covered in more detail.
- (With M. Sohoni) Geometric complexity theory I: An
approach to the P vs. NP and related problems, SIAM J.
Comput., vol 31, no. 2, pp. 496-526, (2001).
- (With M. Sohoni) Geometric complexity theory, P vs. NP
and explicit obstructions, in the proceedings of the International
Conference on Algebra and Geometry, Hyderabad, 2001.
- Representation Theory
- Representation Theory: A First Course, by William Fulton and Joe
- Young Tableaux by William Fulton
- Geometric Invariant Theory
- Lectures on Invariant Theory by Igor Dolgachev
- Introduction to Geometric Complexity Theory
- Charecter Theory, Induced Representations
- Representations of S_n and their charecters
- Representations of SL_n and their charecters
- Littlewood-Richardson coefficients
- Kronecker product of Schur Functions with two row shapes - Part I
- Lecture Notes on Geometric Invariant Theory by Milind Sohoni
- Understanding the Mulmuley-Sohoni approach to P v/s NP
- On the Kronecker product of Schur functions of two row shapes